Anyone can be a member!
The San Jose Police Emerald Society is open to all law enforcement officers active and retired regardless of ethnicity.
There is no requirement to be Irish or of Gaelic decent to be a member.
Non-sworn or civilian personnel who support the Emerald Society and law enforcement mission and values are also welcome as associate members.
What Members Do
San Jose Police Emerald Society members attend Irish-themed gatherings, community events, parades and celebrations, to inform the community of our mission. Members and supporters host a series of events designed to raise funds and honor officers who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their community.
These funds are used to support memorials, assist families of the fallen, build the Emerald Society's future bagpipe band, and other programs that the membership is interested in supporting.
No matter what the event, the goal is to honor our mission and have fun doing it!!
The organization is not affiliated with the City of San Jose or any other governmental agency.
events you'll be a part of
- Cigar and whiskey tasting fundraiser
- Barbeques, picnics, lunches, or outings for members and families
- Orchestrate "Celebration of Life" memorials for officers that have passed away
- Fundraisers to send officers or Emerald Society members to other police funerals
- Partner with the POA, PBA, and Keith Kelly Club on joint projects and fundraising events
- March in the St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- Represent the Emerald Society at local festivals and events to do community outreach
- Participate and support Irish and Celtic community events
- “Half Way to St. Patrick’s Day” fundraiser
- Send an Emerald Society Honor Guard to retirees’ funerals
- Play in & fundraise to start San Jose's first police bagpipe band
- Meet monthly for business meetings and camaraderie
Levels of membership
- Regular Members
- Associate members. Associate members do not vote on business matters
cost to be a member
No membership dues for the founding 2017 year!